Terms & conditions
- The Company
- Means Beauty Lane Ltd, 24 Luna Close, Swindon, Wiltshire SN22 2LZ, Registered in England 8341840. These Conditions and the Contract shall be subject to and construed in accordance with English Law. They will only apply to transactions made between Beauty Lane and retail customers. Orders placed by a company or fall under classification of trade accounts, are subject to different terms of sale available on request.
- Acceptance of orders
- The Company takes great pains to ensure that all information supplied to the customer by way of description and/or illustration is correct and accurate. It remains the responsibility of the customer and/or the end user or their agent to determine the suitability of the goods for the required application. You must check the acknowledgment for accuracy and report if any item is not as originally ordered immediately.
- All prices include VAT (if applicable) which is charged at the rate prevailing at the time of dispatch. If a pricing mistake is discovered pertaining to your order prior to any payment you will be contacted immediately. You will then have the choice of accepting the corrected offer, ordering another product or have your order cancelled and any money paid refunded in full.
- All product images displayed on the web site are provided for illustration purposes only. The Company can not guarantee all product images are 100% accurate or demonstrate all features or colours of the products.
- When you place your order we take full payment for the products unless otherwise requested. We are happy to accept a deposit of at least 50%, with the balance to be paid prior to dispatch should products not be in stock at the time of order. (You will be contacted regarding the delivery date and authority to take the balance sought at this time) We also accept cheques and bank transfers, however all cheques must clear the bank before the order is dispatched. This will add a minimum of 5 working days to your delivery date. Please make your cheque payable to Beauty Lane Ltd.
- There will be no contract of any kind until payment for the goods is authorised by your bank or credit card insurer. At any point up until then, we may decline to supply the products to you without giving any reason. At the moment that payment for the products is authorised, (and not before), a contract will be made between you and us. Authority for payment must be given at the time of the order.
- Credit Card Security
- For your protection, delivery should be to the address to where the credit card is billed. If there is a genuine reason for delivering to a different address please advise us in writing. We might need to see proof of your connection to the delivery address. It is important that you inform your credit card company that you are ordering products for delivery to a different address than the invoice address.
- Delivery is free for orders over £50. Delivery charges where applicable will be added to the order on the web site. Delivery will be made by Royal Mail or a special courier depending on the volume of your order.
Delivery to PO boxes is not possible.
Although every effort is made to keep our stock as up to date as possible, we will occasionally run out of stock. This is beyond our control. We will however inform you of this shortage by e-mail or by telephone call and will advise you on the status of the order after 5 working days of the Buyer requesting an order and we will wait till the full order can be shipped unless advised otherwise by the Customer.
Standard UK shipping charges via Royal Mail 1st class recorded delivery are as follows (prices inc VAT):
Orders under £49.99 - £4.10
Orders over £50 – free
* a signature will be required upon receipt of your order.
We use Royal Mail 1st class Signed For delivery for most orders but may use a Special Delivery Guaranteed at your discretion. Guaranteed UK next day delivery upgrade is available at checkout at a cost of £7.95. Orders placed before 12am Mon-Fri (excluding bank/public holidays) we will endeavour to post out that same day. Please note Guaranteed Next Day Delivery do not include Saturdays or Sundays.
Couriers are only available for UK Mainland and not available for the Channel Islands, Northern Ireland and Isle of Wight etc. You can check the cost of the postage at any time, by logging into your account and following the checkout procedure. You do not have to make a payment before the postage cost is calculated.
- In order to assist you, we recommend that you report any damage or faults as quickly as possible. If there is a subsequent problem with the goods, please contact us. We will deal with the matter in accordance with your legal rights. If you keep the goods for too long before making a complaint you may lose some of your rights.
- Refunds will be made within 30 days of notification, by the same method used for the purchase.
- Cancellations and Returns
- You can cancel your order within 14 working days from the day after you received the delivery, exceeding the required term of 7 days set by the Distance Selling Directive. This right does not apply to customers who transact in our shop, nor does it apply to trade customers. To do this please email us or write to us. You must also pay the cost of returning the goods and this is non-refundable. If you are unable to return the goods yourselves, we can arrange for this to be done on your behalf, normally within 5-7 days at a cost of £5.95. This charge reflects the cost of collection. Under the Distance selling directive you as the customer have a duty of care for the product whilst it is in your possession. If you fail to take reasonable care of the goods whilst in your possession and this results in damage or deterioration; or if parts (including packaging) are missing, we reserve the right to charge you for this. This cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights if for example the goods are misdescribed or faulty.
- In a very unlikely situation we have sent you a product that you didn't order or a product has arrived broken we ask that you take a picture of such product and send it to us via email and we will deal with such an issue promptly
- We take complaints very seriously. We will acknowledge the complaint within 5 working days and provide a likely timescale for resolving the dispute, always keeping you informed about progress. You can either email your complaint to us at email@example.com or you can contact us in writing by fax or mail.
- What is a cookie? Cookies are small (often excrypted) text files that can be found in browser directories. Cookies are used by web developers to perform various functions & to ensure that users can navigate their website as efficiently as possible. As cookies enhance or even enable usability of the site, disabling them may prevent users from being able to access some websites.
Every time a user's browser loads a particular website, the site will send information to the browser which then creates a text file. When the user returns to the same website, this file will be sent automatically to the website's server.
Cookies aren't just created by the website that the user is on, but also other websites that run ads, widgets and other elements on the page being loaded. These cookies regulate how the ads appear or how the widgets and other elements function on the page.
These are the cookies that are stored on your computer when you visit Beauty-Lane.co.uk. To find out how to opt out, please visit ICO's website.